A wordpress is a content management system that manipulates the content of your business, institution or any other organization. It is a website creation software which is user friendly and makes users comfortable for managing all the tasks in it. No extra funds are required to use the software of wordpress organization. It is a one step process to use it just-install and then set-up. PHP and MYSQL code is embedded in wordpress. WordPress is the easiest platform for blogging and building websites. The most used software for website creation is wordpress. A user can create any kind of website without doing any coding. Basically, no coding background is required to use it. There are no limits in wordpress; we can simply grow our business through it.
Varieties of Websites we can build in WordPress
- Business Website
- Forum Website
- Membership Website
- Wedding website
Features of WordPress
- WordPress delivers versatile themes, plugins and template kits to install in it to give an attractive look to the website.
- WordPress is free of cost. You can simply download it.
- Search Engine Optimization- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is used to rank our website on the top.
- WordPress had an excellent speed of loading Websites.
- Responsive Website- We can publish responsive web designs using wordpress. WordPress is mobile-friendly.Wordpress websites can run on any platform or devices.
- Menus- WordPress allows us to create navigation menus and linking them to our suitable pages.
- WordPress is easy to learn and extremely easy to use.
- There is no need for a coding background to use wordpress.
- We can easily manage our content.
Components of WordPress
- WordPress core – The core files of wordpress helps it to install on the computer. A user must install these files to get started with the website creation.
- The Database – All the data of your website and settings are stored in the database.if you choose an auto installer that will create a database for you, but if we manually install wordpress on your local computer you have to create a database yourselves.
- Extra files – All the extra files are used for themes, plugins and template kits.
- Dashboard/Admin screen – The dashboard is used to manipulate the whole website.
WordPress started in 2003 when Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg created a fork of b2/cafelog. The need for an elegant, well-architected personal publishing system was clear even then. Today, WordPress is built on PHP and MySQL, and licensed under the GPLv2. It is also the platform of choice for over 43% of all sites across the web.
The WordPress open source project has evolved in progressive ways over time supported by skilled, enthusiastic developers, designers, scientists, bloggers, and more. WordPress provides the opportunity for anyone to create and share, from handcrafted personal anecdotes to world-changing movements. People with limited tech experience can use it “out of the box”, and more tech-savvy folks can customize it in remarkable ways.